Friday, February 17, 2006

Celebrate

The amount of states that allow direct shipping in some for or another is growing, DAILY it seems. Massachusetts has now passed a direct shipping law. This does nothing but help us the consumers, and the wineries, especially the smaller mom and pop (yes they do still exist). The corporate wineries, and that number continues to grow daily as well unfortunately, get country wide distribution through their distributors, something the smaller wineries can't always afford or don't have the volume. I don't know if anyone was happier than I when Texas pass a similar law, being able to order my favorite wines from California or Washington is very nice. And for those that say it hurts the retailers I completely disagree. My ordering of wines, has not stopped me from visiting the local shops, in fact, I may go by more now as my wine senses continue to be opened up to new things.

No comments: