Friday, February 22, 2008

Updates to some Texas Breweries

Its been a while so I thought I'd post an update on how the new and upcoming Texas Breweries are doing.
- First 512 Brewery out of Austin is getting ever closer to brewing. Their boilers are getting connected, and they feel like they are only a couple of weeks away from starting brewing. There first beer will be the (512) IPA, not sure how it will be packaged or if it will be tap only). We shall see SOON.

- Second news from relatively local Conroe based Southern Star Brewing. They've started brewing!!!!!! The Pine Belt Pale Ale is in the tank, they expect it to take 3 weeks and state that the local folks should start seeing it around the end of March. I'm EXTREMELY excited about this as its the first new beer from a new brewery in a few years. I've said it before I'll say it again, its an exciting time to be a drinker of local beer in Texas.

3 comments:

assurbanipaul said...

(512) Brewing will be tap/draft only for the time being, no immediate plans for bottling.

Barleyvine said...

Thanks for the info!
Appreciate it.
Tedo

Robert Heugel said...

I can't wait. I am going to have to see who is distributing for them and see if we can't get some of Southern Star's Pine Belt in at Beavers. Thanks for the updates.