Thursday, July 24, 2014

I'm Baaaaaacccckkkkkk!!!!

Yeah, I know I've said it before, but this time, I think it might just stick.  I'm getting back in the blogging game, but this time it will be a little different.  During the time I stopped blogging, I actually stopped drinking as much beer (I know, I know hard to believe).  But don't fret, I didn't sit around and do nothing.  Instead I sought out new things, focusing in on cocktails and whiskey, gin and rum.  As I did with beer, I began reading copious amounts of books, buying different bottles of liquor and things to mix with them.  Trying out new combinations.  As I did with beer I sought out things I could do myself, and made a line of bitters that I could add to my cocktails.  This time away from beer, helped give me a greater appreciation for other things, that I had many times for one reason or another turned away from.
It has also given me more things to write about, which is one reason why I am back on here.  And to answer your question, NO, I am not going stop writing about beer, I am just adding things like cocktails, and liquor to the blog.  I may also throw things like reviews of coffee shops, cocktail bars, beer bars, etc into the mix as well.  Houston is seeing an incredible growth of late, in the addition of coffee shops or cafes, and more and more craft beer bars are popping up (it's not surprising that folks are riding the wave, but let's see if they are doing as good a job as some of the original craft beer bars are still doing).  I want to do what I have always done on this blog, write about things I love, whether it's beer, wine, cocktails, whiskey, coffee, food, Houston, whatever.   I'll give you my thoughts, and hope to hear from you as well.  Additionally, I'm going to try to keep track of the things that are going on around Houston with respect to cocktails, and beer on the right hand side of the blog under Happenings in Houston.  Lastly, if you know of good local blogs that I should link to, please let me know.
I'm glad to be back and I hope you enjoy the blog and the new focus.

No comments: