Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Rogue Chocolate Stout

As you read through some of my reviews on this site you may come to realize that I am a huge fan of Stouts. I love their coffee bitterness, and their thickness and amazingly for what some would think a beer too rich and dark, their affinity for good food.
I have spoken in the past about Rogue brewery here.
The Beer: Again I used a chalice shaped glass, something that I tend to prefer when doing tastings. The beer is black as coal, pouring a thick creamy tan head, that once it dissipates only serves to make the beer creamier. There are bitter scents along with cocoa, maybe some burned coffee or esspresso. There is a thick mouthfeel to this beer, you know you are drinking something, thats not water. A low carbonation so the beer just sits in your mouth letting you experience the flavors. These flavor is a feeling of a rich dark chocolate melting in your mouth. There is flavors of chocolate covered esspresso beans. I really enjoyed sipping this beer, it was desert unto itself. Here is what the folks at BA say, most seem to agree with my assessment of this really fine beer.

No comments: