Tuesday, August 05, 2008

The Session #18 Roundup and my Participation

Well The Session 18 has passed my by and I didn't get a chance to participate. The Theme for the event this month was Anniversary Beers and frankly I haven't been drinking to many of those, instead delving into the new breweries that have been making their way to Texas. For instance I had a new one from Green Flash on Friday instead of popping open a special anniversary beer. So far I've had their Trippel and their Imperial IPA, both very good beers, Friday I bought the first six pack of beer, their Hop Head Red.
The Beer: This one weighs in at 45 IBU's and 6.0% abv, is dry hopped with Amarillo hops. It pours a reddish brown with a THICK taupe colored head. Hops floral and spicy on the nose with hints of sweet malts. The mouth is much maltier than anticipated and it was a nice surprise. I'd guess Viennese and maybe some crystal malts used in the fermentation both adding a nice flavor profile. Notes of caramel and then hops on the finish. Smooth and easy drinking. Very tasty, this one gets a strong B+ from me. Here's what the folks at BA think.

Now that my non-anniversary beer post is up, head over to the Barley Blog for the Session 18 roundup.

No comments: