Sunday, April 05, 2009

The Session # 26 Round Up


Lew over at his Seen Through a Glass blog has posted a wonderful write up from the past session. This month saw around 30 folks trying Smoked Beers, some for the first time. That's in a nut shell why I think the Session could be a great thing, it opens folks up to new beers. Go check out the session (where you're truly got corrected, Rauchbiers are from Bamburg and NOT Hamburg, DOH!, I knew that, I just had Hamburg on my mind for some reason).

As for the next session? The host for next month is Joe and Jasmine of the Beer at Joe's Blog. The theme looks rather interesting: Beer Cocktails, Beyond A black and tan.
Here's the question they want you to answer:
What’s your favorite beer cocktail (and yes, despite the title of this post, it can be a black & tan or a shandy)? Find a recipe for that or a new one, try it, and tell us why you did or didn’t like it–even if you think beer cocktails are nothing but a good way to waste a beer. Have fun and try something new!
Off the top I must say I'm not a huge fan of beer blends, or beer cocktails, but as I said at the beginning of the post The Session should be used to open your mind to new things, so I'll go into this session with just that, hoping to find something new. (Plus it will give me an excuse to go to Anvil and see what those folks can make me). Due date for the session is May 1st. Check back then and see how it all turns out.

No comments: