Friday, July 29, 2016

Updates to the Blog

After getting back into writing a couple of months ago, and realizing how much I missed talking about beer, food, and booze I've been looking for a 'what's next'.  A way to expand my interests, while still writing here, but allowing myself to do some other things.  Part of that expansion was really getting into instagram, taking more photos of the breweries I visited, the food I ate, the books I read (and if you follow me there, you'll see the music I listen too).  But I wanted more, and recently, I found a new outlet that will affect what I do on the blog.
1) First, I have started a podcast with a friend of mine up in Dallas.  We will be publishing our podcast twice a week, usually on Monday and Thursday evenings.  The podcast is called The Hangout and the topics covered will be beer, bourbon, sports, movies.  We'll be talking a lot about the local Dallas and Houston beer scene, as well as cocktails, sports both in Houston and Dallas, and finally another passion of mine movies.  We'll mostly be talking about comic or Star Wars movies, but we'll mix in some other things as well.  If that sounds like something you'd be interested in hearing about, please check out the podcast on iTunes, or Soundcloud.  Also, please follow The Hangout on twitter where we'll be interacting talking about the things we'll be discussing on the podcasts.
2) Due to my involvement in The Hangout podcast I have realized that I am not going to be able to write as much here as I'd like to, so I want to revamp the purpose of this blog.  Therefore, I am inviting my friend Will, co-host of The Hangout to start writing here, but his focus will cover the Dallas scene, while my focus will remain as always on my home Houston and the Clear Lake area. You'll start seeing some changes to the blog, but I hope that folks will enjoy the expansion of coverage.
3) My goal is to continue to write a post a week to this blog, sometimes that may just be some quick hits, but I am going to really try to do more than just that, whether its beer tastings, or restaurant/brewery/book reviews.  The google calendar will remain as up to date as I can make it, and may start including some more Dallas events if folks would like that.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: