Thursday, July 24, 2008

Green Flash Imperial IPA

You know I gotta say it, I love my wife. I come home the other day from a long day at work and I find a note on the door saying there's a surprise in the fridge. I head on over to the kitchen and open the door to find a wonderful bottle of Green Flash IIPA. How awesome is that??? Green Flash Brewery is one more brewery that has made its way into Texas to distribute their beers. I've heard a lot about this San Diego Brewery but never had the chance to try their beers, until now! I've said it once I'll say it again, it seems like there is a new brewery coming into Texas every month and I don't think there has ever been a better time to be a lover of craft beer in the Lonestar state than right now.
The Beer: Pouring this one into a snifter. It weighs in at 9% and 101 IBU's and pours a golden honey color with a half inch frothy white head. The nose unsurprisingly is all hops....make that HOPS. Citrus, pine, and lemon custard. The mouth is hoppy but it doesn't pop you over the head, instead it slowly penetrates your taste buds, slowly and sip by sip leaving them saturated with hoppy goodness. Its got a great mouth feel, full of citrus, apricots along with some earthy notes. Surprisingly this DIPA is drinkable, I mean you couldn't have multiple in one sitting, but this one doesn't hit you over the head, the affect is there, it's just slower in creeping up on you. Great great beer, this one gets an B+ from me. Here's what the folks at BA had to say.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Gotta get me some of this. I keep hearing so much buzz on it.