Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Dogfish Head Punkin Ale

In my latest quest to try as many pumpkin style beers as I can, I picked up one at the local Central Market that I had never tasted, by a brewery that I love. I have written about the egnigmatic brewery Dogfish Head before so I'll go straight to the tasting of this unique pumpkin ale.
The Beer: The beer weighed in at a robust 7%. It poured a very dark brownish Amber, much darker than the Shipyard version I tried previously. This brown liquid was capped by a pillowy tan head, that dissipated to a thin line of foam with copious amounts of lacing. The nose was full of nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon and of course a good dose of pumpkin. My first sip was of liquid pumpkin pie, all the flavors were there with maybe cinnamon being the powerhouse, just a bit of hoppy bitterness at the end. This was a wonderful drink. The beer warmed as I sipped this beer, the flavors only intensifying with the warmth. I rather enjoyed the experience here. This is what the folks over at BA had to say.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tedo, I saw your comment on the Brooklyn post over at A Good Beer Blog. Would you like to trade links? www.hopmalt.com
-J

Barleyvine said...

J
Sure, I appreciate it.
Tedo

Anonymous said...

Done.
-J