Monday, August 11, 2008

Quick Note on a new Texas Brewery

I haven't posted anything on them for a quite a while, but Austin's newest brewery (512) is open for business and they are brewing a Pale Ale, Wit and an IPA. So far all the beers are available only on tap and only in the Austin area. The brewery is owned and operated by Kevin Brand who has a wealth of home brewing experience and like so many wanted to open his own brewery. Well it looks like he's done a good job so far. I sent him an email a bit ago inquiring as to whether or not they would make it to Houston. He responded that he is extremely busy just filling orders for the taps that he has in Austin but hopefully if they grow like he wants in the next few months (or years, hopefully not!!!) they'll make their way outside of Austin.

I know I've written about it before, but as nice as it is to have so many breweries coming into Texas its 10 times better seeing the number of new breweries that are starting up in our great state.

1 comment:

Lee said...

My round-up of Texas brewers is here. Your last paragraph is basically the same as the whole thrust of my article. I hope you enjoy it. (And yes, I know I accidentally left out Franconia.)