Tuesday, September 15, 2009

More New Beers coming to Houston

Man, this may end up being a weekly blog post the way new beers are rolling into town. Went by my local Spec's and talked to the beer guy and there is a lot of new arrivals and beers about to be on the shelves.
- Already arrived: Part of New Belgium's Lips of Faith Series. These beers are what definetely more Belgian style that most of New Belgium brews. The beers we have are: The La Folie Wood aged Sour Brown Ale (my review), Biere De Mars a Brett beer, and Le Fleur Misseur another Brett ale.
- Also seen was Magic Hat's Fall seasonal.

The big news though is what is coming soon:
- Moylan's (I've written about them before) Hopsickle Triple IPA will be in the area both in bottle form and on draft. Flying Saucer will have some and will be tapping it sometime soon. Also coming in bottle form is Moylan's Moylander their Double IPA that I had at Flying Saucer's ninth anniversary.
- Also Brooklyn Brewery will have two seasonal's on our shelves. Their Octoberfest a traditional Marzen style of beer and their Post Road Pumpkin ale, an ale brewed with real pumpkins.

I can't tell you how excited I am that both the Pumpkin ale and the Moylans Hopsickle are coming. If anyone knows of other beers coming our way let me know.

1 comment:

Jeff Rocheleau said...

I can't explain how excited I am about La Folie! Hopefully that makes it out to Specs in Katy.

I really need to get back to the Saucer... I miss it.