Tuesday, August 22, 2006

St. Peter's Old Style Porter

I have written up on St. Peter's before when I tasted their very good Cream Stout. I saw another of their unique bottles and decided to pick it up and give it a try.
The Beer: It pours a nice dark brown almost opaque with a creamy off-white not quite tan head. It initially looks very carbonated as the initial CO2 is released. The nose shows plenty of coffee, chocolate, and caramel. In the mouth there is a nice level of malty sweetness but not cloyingly so. There are those same flavors of coffee, chocolate, caramel, with some toffee now added in. The carbonation has dissipated so the beer is smooth sitting in your mouth. As the beer warms it gets even smoother and richer tasting. I found this beer very enjoyable and better than many porters I have had in the past. Here is what the folks over at BA say.

No comments: